Mama Gina's No-Cook Noodle Lasagna
Have to go with gut a bit but you can totally do this. This makes one medium sized pan of lasagna.
Cheese Filling to Layer
- Ricotta Cheese (I large container)
- Parmesan cheese (1 tub)
- 1 egg
- Salt and Pepper
I or 2 large jars of sauce – I tend to choose the Ragu or Prego chunky veg and garlic
1 package of lasagna noodles
Vegetables! (I tend to go with what moves me and is fresh – but be sure to choose at least one for each layer)
- Large zucchini thin sliced into rounds
- 1 package Mushrooms thin sliced (white button is fine – portabella can get strong but you may like that)
- Broccoli (I typically use this but be sure to slice it into think layers and not to chunky since you will layer it)
- Any veg you can slice and layer (except eggplant… this takes too much prep)
Preheat oven to 350.
Prep the cheese filling by mixing all of the filling ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Prep all the vegetables. Keep your slices thing an be aware that you are prepping in order to layer. If you use broccoli keep some florets to put on top.
Get large rectangular baking dish and prepare to layer.
Being to layer:
- On the bottom put some of the sauce
- Then a layer of uncooked noodles
- Then a layer of the cheese filling
- Then a layer of vegetable
- Then a layer of shredded mozzarella
- Then a layer of sauce
- Then noodles and repeat for all the layers until you get to the top.
- Finish top with Vegetables and mozzarella cheese.
Next put no more than ¼ cup of water around the edges of the pan and cover TIGHTLY with foil.
Bake for approx. 1 hour. Check it at around 45 minutes. If the noodles are soft and the lasagna "juicy" around the edges then you are ready to move on. If not, seal back up and put back in the oven. Check in 15 minute increments.
Once noodles are soft, remove the foil and bake for approximately 30 more minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates and the top is crispy.
Check constantly and follow your nose… it will tell you when it is done.
Serve with garlic bread and salad.
I encourgae to make a lot, this is great left over.