Jack Daniels Marinade
I make this and store it in a Ball jar for up to a week.
Pending the protein that you are planning on marinating, marination times and cook times will vary.
- 1/4 cup Whiskey (Jack Daniels)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium)
- 1/4 cup dijon-style mustard (I substitute whatever mustard I have around except yellow!)
- 1/4 cup scallion sliced into rings of mixed greens and whites
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- pepper to taste
Mix together in a bowl and marinate whatever protein. It is hard to imagine this being bad on any protein! Just watch your marination times (it will be significantly shorter) with seafood and tofu.
What we do; marinate 2 pounds of pork tenderloin over night in all of this marinade. The next day cook for 30 min in a 400F degree oven.
I serve with mashed cauliflower and green beans.
I also take the left over marinade put it in a sauce pan and being to a boil. I then add some heavy cream (or milk) and a small slurry of water and cornstarch and let simmer. Stir constantly until it thickens into a gravy. Serve hot with the meal.